Call Center Sales Consultant
Mobile Attic Portable Storage – Columbia, SC
Describe and sell services, products and promotions to potential, new and current customers. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, PC proficiency, accurate typing, multi- tasking and detail-oriented skills. Answer incoming calls promptly after completing the previous call; access customer database or other electronic files and/or paper reference materials; update customer records and documents, calls, record action taken, and list any follow-up action required.
- Provide customers with container rental and associated product information, establish quotes and close sales.
- Capture all data elements required for the sale and ensure customer understands products and services offered by Mobile Attic.
- Explain benefits of Mobile Attic products to potential customers and apply advanced sales skills to secure the sale.
- Solicit information from the customers and evaluate their needs to match our product line to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED: Education and/or Experience
Math and Language Skills
- General knowledge of basic math skills; ability to add, subtract and calculate fractions/percentages; ability to use a calculator.
- Excellent command of the English language, proper use of grammar and ability to speak clearly and concisely, bilingual skills helpful.
- Effective verbal communication skills over the phone.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively with customers, co- workers and management.
- Ability to identify needs through oral conversation.
- Keyboarding skills (alpha/numeric): Minimum of 5000 keystrokes (testing required).
- Basic desktop computer proficiency. Experience working with multiple open screens and navigating between them using a mouse.
- Ability to quickly learn and use Mobile Attics’ proprietary software and other internal systems.
- Ability to navigate between multiple open windows and programs on the computer with ease.
- Ability to learn and use Mobile Attic’s telephony system.
- The ability to build rapport quickly.
- Good follow-up skills.
- The ability to show empathy.
- Ability to up-sell -cross sell.
- Ability to see/sell benefits vs. features.
- Ability to offer the appropriate value propositions based on customer needs.
- Ability to overcome objections in the sales process.
- Knowledge of and ability to sell over competitive forces.
- Understanding of Sales Model.
- Ability to close the sale/offer the right solution.
- Company Product, Process and Procedure Knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team.
- The willingness to have a flexible schedule.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background screening and drug test, and willingness to submit to random drug screenings in compliance with company policy
Work under immediate supervision of assigned Supervisor.
SCOPE OF DECISIONS
Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
This is a climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to operate a computer for up to 8 hours per shift; type on a keyboard, use a mouse to navigate; vision to view small details on a monitor
- Ability to hear and to verbally communicate using a connected headset device
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and a drug test, and willingness to submit to random drug testing according to company policy
Adhere to scheduled work times. Flexibility, weekends, evenings and overtime hours will be required to meet business needs.
Position Location: Columbia, SC
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and a reasonable representation of its activities.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Mobile Attic is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.