The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivery and pickup of portable self-storage containers to and/or from customer locations using a standard rollback ( tow ) truck; provide an effective and incident free delivery or pickup of a container while maintaining excellent rapport with the customer. The employee must be a courteous and safety conscientious individual. NO CDL IS REQUIRED BUT HAVING ONE IS A PLUS / ON THE JOB TRAINING PROVIDED.
- Driving and operation of a truck to load and unload containers to customers safely and in a timely fashion.
- Accept add-on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Use navigation device.
- Operate a forklift.
- Clean and inspect containers to be sure they are presentable for delivery to customer.
- Coordinate / completes rental paperwork and payment with the customer when needed.
- Communicate with the Manager on customer questions and/or issues; prepare driver notes as needed.
- Perform repairs of containers in the field and back at the warehouse
- Maintain cleanliness of truck cab (keep free from debris inside and outside)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be willing and available to work on Saturday
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
- Treats each customer in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Arrives at customer location on time, with a clean container and dressed in clean attire that is appropriate for job.
- Delivers packing materials, boxes, moving blankets and straps with the container as ordered by the customer. Sells packing supplies to customers.
- Uses good judgment to prioritize tasks, as well as evaluate the relative importance of incoming calls, messages, and other information, so that information may be acted upon and relayed to the Manager in a timely manner.
- Analytical, generates creative solutions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem solving; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; able to read and interpret written communication.
- Business acumen- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support- follows policies and procedures, adaptability.
- Attendance/ Punctuality- Is consistently at work on time; dependability; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Completes work in timely manner; safety and security- Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or higher.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Language/ Math Ability:
- General knowledge of basic math skills, ability to add, subtract and calculate fractions/percentages.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively.
- Excellent command of the English language, good use of grammar skills. Bilingual skills helpful.
- Ability to identify needs through oral conversation.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, proprietary software as well as other applications.
- Typing skills/data entry
- Perform duties under direction of the Manager.
Hours / Shift:
- Looking for a Part-time and Full-time person
- Required to adhere to scheduled work times
- Maintain a current/valid SC driver’s license
- Have no moving violations during the past three (3) years (insurance requirement)
- Must be at least 21 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug test according to company policy
- Ability to remain calm during tense or difficult situations
- Ability to act and react in a professional manner at all times with customers, co-workers and management
- Previous computer or hand held device experience desired
- Customer service and sales oriented.
- Organized, efficient and timely.
- Team oriented with good verbal communication skills.
- Telephone courtesy and professionalism.
- Non-smoking work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and a drug test, and willingness to submit to random drug testing according to company policy
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and a reasonable representation of its activities.
Mobile Attic is a Portable Self-Storage company. Over the last 10 years, we have had the privilege of serving thousands of customers throughout the entire state of SC. We have offices in Columbia, Greenville-Spartanburg and Charleston, SC. Recently we have decided to pursue a very aggressive growth strategy and need new employees to help us achieve our goals.
Creating a Convenient, Stress Free Storage Experiences, one customer at a
- To Honor Christ in all that we do and be a light to those around us
- Always be above Reproach. Exercise Integrity
- We are a business, not a Charity. As a business, we must make a fair consistent profit in order
to remain in business
- To strive to follow the Vision and Mission everyday
- Don’t Burn Bridges – Build Bridges
- To use the resources we have been given to help others
- Follow the Golden Rule
- Create Fun Environment
- Use our Unique God given talents to create and leave a lasting Legacy