What’s the best way to pack?
Helpful packing tips to get you started in your move!
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Make sure to leave space for walkways.
- Place your storage items on 2×4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking and label the boxes (it’s also helpful to inventory individual boxes).
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- The heaviest items should be loaded in the back of the attic and balanced on each side.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Be sure to tie down all of your belongings one section at a time.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized for extra storage spaces.
- Large appliances make excellent “packaging cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Tables having removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight.
- They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Use a good quality lock on your door.
- To prevent bug infestation and rodents, no food or food items should be stored.
- Put TV’s and other electronics in the rear of your unit.
- Keep an inventory of your items.
- Do not store anything combustible (i.e., Paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc)
OUR CONTAINER SIZES
Typically hold items from the average 1 bedroom home.
Typically hold items from the average 2-3 bedroom home.
Typically hold items from the average 4-5 bedroom home.
The Mobile Attic Difference
If you need to store your belongings for a while, we can secure the storage container at any one of our secure lots until you’re ready. We do all of this at the best price you can find, guaranteed; you shouldn’t have to stress over moving. Convenience with Compassion – that’s the Mobile Attic difference.